WSP in the UK is a division of WSP a global group that provides technical expertise and strategic advice to clients in the Transportation & Infrastructure, Property & Buildings, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Energy sectors, as well as offering project and program delivery and advisory services.
“If you don’t have insight into how projects are unfolding, it causes all kinds of headaches. That’s where Cora’s solution comes in. It’s about that precious commodity “time”, about making timely decisions and empowering project managers to make decisions based on accurate information. Without its Cora PPM platform, and the integrated, common data environment it provides, we would be reduced to making a lot of manual interventions – a lot of manual analysis, a lot of copy & paste – to try and bring its project and portfolio information together.”
– Ian Thrupp
Director of PMO Services, WSP in the UK
The challenge WSP faced
WSP had multiple data sets from multiple systems, e.g. P6 for scheduling, risk management systems, Oracle Aconex for information distribution, and MS Excel spreadsheets. What they didn’t have was the one location where project executives could go to see all the information instantly.
Capabilities Cora brings
Our solution has given WSP the perspective on project data they were looking for. It has also provided consistency – WSP now has a coherent approach to managing each project.
- Reduced Training: In addition to helping with governance, the Cora solution provides a standard mechanism for our client to manage its data, which means it’s easier for new staff to come on board the Northern Estates programme with minimal training.
- A single view of the truth: “With Cora PPM, we can now hold time, cost, risks, issues, and commercial data in a platform that is accessible and easily digestible. We chose Cora for those reasons. It takes project information from disparate sources and provides it in an easy-to-read reporting format.” (PPM Technical Lead)
- Smarter Decisions: “It allows us to drill down into information and gives our senior management the key decision-making information so they can make informed decisions on all our schemes.”
- Better Governance: “It facilities a consistent approach across a portfolio of projects and allows us to have good governance across a series of projects in a consistent manner.”
- Reduced Time Reporting: Measurable results in cutting time to report, e.g. Time spent reporting each month cut from 10 hours to seconds, Time spent compiling project lists cut from 2-3 weeks to minutes, and 1,000s of projects in a single view