Its intuitive products control and monitor building functions such as heating, air conditioning, and lighting for commercial office, education, health care, government, and data center markets through a global network of independent dealers and North American branch offices. Automated Logic is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, a leading global provider of innovative HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies.
“When we first implemented Cora, the expectation was a 1-2% net-recovered margin in our projects just from streamlined efficiency, from having a one-stop-shop. We’ve achieved that – we’ve gotten our 2% net-recovered margin across the business, across our execution platform. All things are thumbs up as far as the results of using Cora has been.”
– Mark Ruettiger
North America Operations Manager, Automated Logic Corporation
The issues faced by Automated Logic
ALC sought a solution to address several challenges including implementing consistent Project Management processes, improving upfront planning and collaboration, establishing resource/capacity management, accessing project documentation via the mobile, document, and financial control, and improving reporting. A key element for them was the integration with their existing financial system to manage project forecasting through the Cora solution.
Challenges faced included
- Need to implement consistent project management processes
- Improve upfront planning and collaboration
- Establishing resource/capacity management
- Access project documentation via mobile
- Document and financial control
- Integrate with existing financial system to manage project forecasting
Capabilities Cora bring:
- We established a consistent Project Management process for ALC integrated into their enterprise systems, providing consistent reporting/dashboards with project data resident in a secure cloud server accessible to field teams via mobile apps
- In total, we help ALC manage 6,000 active projects across their organization
- The implementation minimized disruptions associated with change and provided an easy-to-use, intuitive system
- Improved reporting
- Visibility has increased across all projects with specific dashboards and reports displaying key project and financial data, giving Automated Logic’s team instant, accurate project status updates.
- Early warning signs are now available through a number of compliance indicators which is helping to reduce project/budget deviation.
- Control and visibility of all resources across all areas allowing for top-down capacity planning across Automated Logic’s entire organization.
Lindsey Leiker, a Digital Project Manager and Business Analyst with Automated Logic, discusses the challenges mentioned above in our on-demand webinar “The Custom Fit Standardized Platform“. Lindsey also discussed the ppm implementation process and how they rolled out the platform across multiple locations.