Building Digital UK (formerly known as Broadband Delivery UK) is part of the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, tasked with delivering a multi-billion pound programme of delivering superfast broadband throughout the UK.
“We are happily using Cora to manage the portfolio of projects that makes up our £1.7bn Superfast Program, and our £294m Local Full Fibre Networks Program. It works well at a low level for project planning, risk and issues, changelogs, benefits tracking, weekly reports, etc. Then the PMO can roll up and summarize that low-level data into a full program/portfolio view.”
– Justin Leese, Program Director, Local Full Fibre Networks
Building Digital UK | Department of Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport
BDUK required a system that will provide the program team with online access to project performance, contract data, achievement analysis, and financial management of grant claims.
Some of their requirements for the platform included:
- The ability to consolidate projects within programmes to capture the overall performance information
- Be able to utilize project-specific data in reporting (i.e. milestones, Gantt, tasks, Charts & assurance gateways)
- The ability to describe and track change controls using date, numeric, and text fields as well as file attachments
- The ability to track financial management of projects
- Ability to track risks and manage issues
- No restrictions on the number of projects associated with a program
Capabilities Cora brings:
BDUK and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport have gained complete control, visibility, and accurate real-time reporting in the delivery of the complex Superfast Broadband program through the implementation of Cora PPM.
- Cora PPM has allowed DCMS to consolidate projects within programs to capture the overall performance information of the Superfast Broadband project
- Project & Financial information for all UK counties captured in a single solution, allowing for real-time decision making
- The ability to describe and track change controls per county, with a full and thorough audit trail
- The ability to track risks and manage issues per installation
- A bespoke upload portal has significantly reduced the time taken to process financial information; Days of work have now been reduced to just an hour each month