Are you a senior .Net developer who is looking for an exciting new challenge? Are you curious about the latest developments in the tech industry and do you want to have influence in bringing these into the team?
Then this role could be for you. It is a hands-on coding role, but you will be able to bring your own skills to the role to shape Cora’s Software Development Team. Cora PPM is a web-based application built using Microsoft technologies, we are gearing up to re-design this product delivering a new, better, faster, and user-focused product.
The ideal candidate will have an eagerness to keep up with and where possible ahead of industry standards and be willing to encourage and bring others along with them; ultimately, you need to enjoy creating quality software and pushing the boundaries.
Full-Time, Permanent contract
BSc in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline or evidenced relevant development & training
A hybrid blend of remote working within the UK and at Cora Systems UK, Bedford
Remote working at Cora
What is it like to work remotely with Cora? Here’s what our team has to say:
- Work as part of an Agile SCRUM team breaking down, designing, estimating, developing, testing, and documenting work as per requirements.
- Assess and prioritize technical issues and effectively communicate these priorities.
- Work closely with the UI/UX Design Team to progress design ideas to a working front-end product that delivers an outstanding user experience.
- Undertake investigations/ POCs and provide possible guidance on the best solutions to technical problems.
- Triage/troubleshoot, assess, and prioritize complex technical issues and effectively communicate these priorities.
- Work closely with the business to ensure the product meets customer needs and does not have a negative impact on existing customer functionality.
- Feed into the architectural design of the products we are creating along with other team members to ensure the maintainability, quality, performance, integration, and usability from both our customers and the companies perspective. This means getting involved in database design, design patterns, frameworks, hosting requirements, user interface design, etc.
- Early identification of risk and opportunities, and making data-backed decisions and recommendations
- Provide mentoring to other members of the team.
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our development team.
- Hands-on coding per toolset below.
Required Candidate Experience
- Experienced developer with previous web-based SaaS technologies experience, working on a mixture of frameworks, environments, and processes, and experience of working on projects in maintenance mode.
- Demonstrable experience of remote working and leading others utilizing online collaboration tools.
- Experience in a client-facing role and be able to communicate with the client during the delivery process.
- Relevant third-level degree in engineering or computer science discipline.
- 5+ years experience using the same or similar toolset as stated below.
- An excellent leader and an ability to bring new ideas to our company.
- Knowledge of project and programme management methodologies would be advantageous.
Required Technical Experience
- Net and C#
- SQL Server
- RESTful APIs
Extras (An advantage)
- NuGet, IoC, unit and automated testing, PowerShell, TypeScript, Azure Dev Ops, Team Foundation Server
- Experience in third-line support
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a few words about why this role interests you to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Senior .Net Developer” in the subject line. If you have any questions about the role, feel free to contact us at the email address above, or on our social channels. This position is open only to candidates eligible to live and work in the UK.
Note: Cora Systems do not require the assistance of third-party recruitment agencies at this time.
Learn more about Cora
Our story, your potential
Founded in Ireland in 1999 Cora is now a worldwide leader in providing enterprise project and portfolio management (PPM) solutions to global organizations and government agencies. We partner with these enterprises to supercharge their journey from strategy to execution through our pivotal PPM solutions.
Our culture is centered around our clients – and establishing a deep understanding of their business challenges to invent solutions to meet their needs. We love solving problems and have been nurturing a relentlessly curious, people-centric business since our inception. We’re passionate about designing enterprise project portfolio management solutions that are built to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
We put our customers front and center. We take ownership and we take personal initiative to bring about positive results. We grow and develop ourselves and our colleagues. We have a positive and can-do attitude. We are ambitious with contagious energy and a collaborative spirit. We treat everybody with respect, always. We are curious, we step off the path, defy convention, and act, unlike others.
Our people, our passion
We have a dynamic and driven team that has a passion for client success. We have and continue to build a world-class team around the globe. If you feel that you have what it takes to be part of the Cora team, please send your CV and a few words about why this role interests you to email@example.com and include “Senior .Net Developer” in the subject line.