- Gather requirements from customers, stakeholders and the product team
- Help define goals, objectives and success criteria for design solutions
- Design key improvements to our enterprise product and mobile app
- Work on new product development, from research and ideation to delivery and improvement
- Create prototypes and test them with internal and external users
- Plan and carry out UX research to help us better understand our users
- Contribute to our design system and apply it across web and mobile
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, dev, support, marketing, sales and QA to identify pain points and come up with ideas to solve them
- If and when possible again, occasional travel for workshops, client visits and social get-togethers.
Required Skills and Experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your skills and experience
- Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered
- Comfort in complexity. You can think about the big picture while being attentive to detail
- Fluency in at least one interface design application
- Right now, we use Abobe XD for design and basic prototyping
- Proficiency in at least one prototyping application or process
- We turn to Axure and markup when things get interesting
- UX Research knowledge is a must. Proven experience is preferable
- Experience using and contributing to a design system
- A problem-solving attitude and persuasion
- Ability to work remotely, independently, prioritise tasks and meet ambitious deadlines
- Excellent communication skills. You can articulate and defend design decisions to diverse stakeholders and customers in plain English
- Knowledge of SDLC and Project Management will be helpful
- CSS / SASS experience will land you brownie points with the developers
- We will provide you with whatever equipment you need to get work done. MacBook Pros are our standard for design
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary. We believe that salaries should not be lower just because our company is located outside of the country’s capital city.
- We offer flexible working, life insurance and pension.
- We encourage team events, run wellness initiatives and are committed to our local community and local charities.
- Opportunities to travel are available for those interested in seeing more of the world while also working to deliver for our clients.
Who are we?
Established in 1999, Cora Systems is a software company that specialises in web-based solutions and consultancy services around portfolio, programme and project management. We transform our customers’ business by giving them greater control, insight and governance in relation to their business operations through the use of technology and expert consultancy. Our customers range from government agencies to large-scale global organisations, in life sciences, healthcare, technology, engineering & construction sectors. We operate in over 70 countries across the globe with thousands of users relying on our systems daily. We have offices in Virginia (US) and London (UK) and are headquartered in Carrick on Shannon, Ireland.
Cora is 100% dedicated to client implementation success. We adopt a consultative approach to solving our customers’ pain points, ensuring we fully understand their requirements. Cora has deep industry experience and draws on two decades of R&D and implementation experience for our installations. We have industry experts for each vertical market we serve. Senior project managers run our implementations, which are delivered with Cora-certified education and training. Crucially, we can rapidly deploy “out-of-the-box”, best-practice project and portfolio management solutions so clients get faster ROI.
The Cora Culture
Cora culture is centred around our people, our clients and innovation. We have a dynamic and driven team who have a passion for client success. Our behaviours are what helps us to deliver the highest quality products and services and sets a standard for how we interact with our clients, colleagues and other stakeholders.
Cora Systems has the feel and drive of a start up as we have a fun and hardworking culture plus a diverse workforce. We have been in business for 20 years and have a very strong and loyal customer base. Wanting to increase our footprint in the market, we are going through an intense growth phase at the moment which leads to this fantastic opportunity for anyone that wants to join a vibrant team and help create award winning software.
To see what life at Cora is like visit corasystems.com/careers, which includes “Day in the Life” Videos and blog posts.
How to Apply
Please send your CV, a link to your portfolio and a few words about why this role interests to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the role, feel free to contact us at the email address above, or on our social channels.
Note: Cora Systems do not require the assistance of third party recruitment agencies at this time.