Are you an ambitious Implementation Consultant looking for career progression opportunities in a fast-growing, global tech company?
Join the Cora Systems team where you’ll be a core member of teams delivering complex, multidisciplinary projects on behalf of our global clients.
As Implementation Consultant, your core responsibility will be to adopt a consultative approach to solving our customers’ pain points, ensuring a full understanding of requirements and providing a bespoke solution that addresses their needs. You’ll work alongside Client Leads, SET, Project Managers, Support and Product Managers to ensure a smooth customer experience and successful implementation.
A degree in computer science, IT, engineering, or a related field
Remote within the UK/Ireland, also occasionally at our HQ in Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
Applicants must be authorized to work in the UK/EU
Life at Cora
What is it like to work at Cora? Here’s what our team has to say:
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients’ business challenges and deliver bespoke solutions that address their needs and demonstrate PPM best practice
- Master Cora PPM and display the ability to demonstrate our solutions, communicate the benefits, and configure the system based on client requirements
- Be there every step of the way, acting as a liaison with the client – communicating, supporting, and providing feedback to clients throughout implementation – ensuring a successful process
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Solution Implementation Consultant or a technical role, performing configuration and customization activities
- Knowledge of underlying functional and/or technical capabilities of project management, resource management, and project financial management
- An understanding of an Agile development methodology and solution testing is helpful
- An ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle ever-changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all business levels and work in a collaborative way across multiple teams
- A customer-driven focus and an ability to consistently meet and exceed performance targets in relation to customer delivery
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- A formal Project Management qualification is a distinct advantage but is not mandatory
- Experience of technical/project management systems and practices
- Worked in a team structure delivering complex and multi-faceted programs of work
- Travel to customer sites including global travel when required
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary.
- We offer flexible working, life insurance, pension, and health cover.
- We have progressive learning and development policies and every Cora employee is granted an annual allowance of €3,000/£3,000 and five days per annum to focus on professional development.
- We encourage team events, run wellness initiatives, and are committed to our local community and local charities.
- Opportunities to travel are available for those interested in seeing more of the world while also working to deliver for our clients.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please submit a copy of your CV via our BambooHR page. (Although the location on the Bamboo listing says “Bedford” the form can also be used by Irish-based applicants).
If you have any questions about the role, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or on any of our social channels. This position is open only to candidates eligible to live and work in Ireland or the UK.
Cora Systems do not require the assistance of third-party recruitment agencies at this time and will not accept unsolicited responses nor assignments without prior contractual arrangements.
Founded in Ireland in 1999, Cora has long since established itself as a global leader in enterprise project and portfolio management software solutions. We partner with global organizations and government agencies to supercharge their journey from strategy and planning to execution and delivery.
At Cora, we put our customers front and center. We take ownership and we take personal initiative to bring about positive results. We grow and develop ourselves and our colleagues.
We have a positive, can-do attitude. We are ambitious, with contagious energy and a collaborative spirit. We treat everybody with respect, always. We are curious, we step off the path and defy convention. Above all else, we insist on being true to ourselves.
Visit our Careers page to learn more about life at Cora – much more than just a job.