Are you experienced in monitoring, managing, and troubleshooting public cloud-based infrastructure for internal and external customers?
We are hiring a Cloud Operations and Support Engineer, reporting directly to the Head of Infrastructure, who will ensure the cloud platform is always stable and performant. The Cloud Operations and Support Engineer will help administer and monitor Cora’s cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/AZURE) including Databases, Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Storage, Backup, etc. The role will focus on supporting internal and external customers by monitoring, managing and troubleshooting Public cloud-based infrastructure.
A degree in computer science, IT, engineering, or a related field
Remote within Ireland or the UK, and also occasionally at our offices in Carrick on Shannon, Ireland
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in Ireland or the UK.
Life at Cora
What is it like to work at Cora? Here’s what our team has to say:
This is a key role with the following responsibilities and tasks, but this list is not exhaustive:
- Participate in Cloud operations and support on a day-to-day basis maintaining continuous availability, durability, scale, and uptime of the platform as well as services/applications.
- Troubleshooting, debugging and contributing to the Platform Engineering team in day-to-day activities
- Leverage monitoring tools to aid the observability, identification, and resolution of incidents that occur on the platform
- Virtual Machine Administration (Windows Server and SQL Server)
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service-level objectives
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
Key Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate must demonstrate
- Proven experience in Cloud Operations, Support, and Maintenance for any of the Public Clouds
- Should have a working knowledge of Public Cloud, Virtualization, Windows servers, Databases, and Networking concepts.
- Strong Azure experience using PaaS and Cloud Native offerings.
- Experience with other cloud providers is beneficial.
- Experience with MS SQL Server/Windows Server/IIS administration
- Experience with monitoring tools like Azure Monitor, Prometheus, Splunk, ELK, etc.
The ideal candidate
We have a strong company culture of openness and transparency. We aim for a fun working environment where our people enjoy their work and strive to do their very best for our clients and the business.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong self-starter with the following attributes:
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Well-developed people skills, capable of building strong working relationships
- Attention to detail combined with an ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to analyse and look for root causes and arrive at appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently in a production environment with a focus on critical outcomes for business support.
- 5 Years’ experience operating within a multi-disciplined product and services organisation with subject matter expertise in cloud platforms and monitoring.
- Familiar with Project Management concepts
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary
- We offer flexible working, life insurance, pension, and health cover.
- We have progressive learning and development policies and every Cora employee is granted an annual allowance of €3,000/£3,000 and five days per annum to focus on professional development.
- We encourage team events, run wellness initiatives, and are committed to our local community and local charities.
- Opportunities to travel (when possible) are available for those interested in seeing more of the world while also working to deliver for our clients.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please submit a copy of your CV via our BambooHR page. (Although the location on the Bamboo listing says “Carrick on Shannon” the form can also be used by UK-based applicants).
If you have any questions about the role, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via any of our social channels.
This position is open only to candidates eligible to live and work in Ireland or the UK.
Note: Cora Systems do not require the assistance of third-party recruitment agencies at this time and will not accept unsolicited responses or assignments without prior contractual arrangements.
Founded in Ireland in 1999, Cora has long since established itself as a global leader in enterprise project and portfolio management software solutions. We partner with global organizations and government agencies to supercharge their journey from strategy and planning to execution and delivery.
At Cora, we put our customers front and center. We take ownership and we take personal initiative to bring about positive results. We grow and develop ourselves and our colleagues.
We have a positive, can-do attitude. We are ambitious, with contagious energy and a collaborative spirit. We treat everybody with respect, always. We are curious, we step off the path and defy convention. Above all else, we insist on being true to ourselves.
Visit our Careers page to learn more about life at Cora – much more than just a job.