Growth of projects alongside increased risk and costs are all factors relating to the development of PMOs. These challenges and more have made many organizations move to a project management office to improve how they deliver their projects and programmes. In terms of benefits – a PMO can:
- Provide support and guidance to project managers.
- Give consistency and standardization around how you manage your projects by implementing a methodology.
- Advise on best practices.
- Help deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Identify and understand the connections between various projects in a programme portfolio.
- Establish a software platform to manage your projects.
- Improve your communication between the layers.
- Increase awareness and overall value for everyone.
As mentioned above – A PMO can put a platform in place within this structure to manage and control the day-to-day running of the PMO projects.
This is where Cora Systems fits in. Cora PPM is a highly configurable portfolio and project management software solution that helps manage and support your modern-day Programme/Project Management Office (PMO).
Why choose Cora project management software for your PMO?
- The Cora solution has the functionality to provide PMOs with the necessary control of all projects, portfolios, and programmes.
- A scalable and configurable platform, the Cora solution has the ability to grow in line with changes and expansions.
- As a platform, the Cora solution will fully support a PMO to ensure the successful delivery of its projects in line with its corporate strategy.
- Accurately manage resources and capacity to ensure that only the right resources are allocated to the right projects.
- Gather the information you need for important decision-making through your comprehensive suite of reports and dashboards all configurable to meet your requirements.
- Control project approvals and demand management across the entire PMO.
If you would like to find out more about managing and supporting PMOs and how the Cora solution can work for you and for your PMO why not take a tour of the platform.